My mother in law called about 45 minutes ago to inform me, due to snow, I needed to call my doctor and cancel my appt. with him this evening. Sometimes I think it would be easier to cut off a body part than to get a call into Dr. A.! I called his voice mail and left a msg for him. I then called the main switchboard to make sure they handed him a paper msg (in case he doesn't check his voice mail). They made me talk to one of his "partners", who said that I was being "lazy" and "am not committed to my treatment". You know what? That hurt! I want nothing to get in the way of getting my treatments and, if the snow hadn't caused my mother in law to want to cancel, we would have been there EARLY.
I really would like to know how much more someone can be committed to their own treatment. I do whatever they ask of me. The family drives an hour ONE WAY to these bimonthly appointments. I just don't get it.
Although, I must admit, I really did need to see the doctor today. We really will have a lot to talk about when the appt. gets rescheduled. I just hope we can all cope until the rescheduled appt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment