Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Blogger Catches Up On Vacation Blogging


Has it ever been a busy vacation! We are just getting settled back into the Dayton area after spending several days in Louisville and Columbus. Last weekend (Sunday) brought a really fun family gathering. We had some interesting pictures in which I attempted to get rid of all my unused disposable cameras. *SIDE NOTE* I noticed that all my older (at least 2 years old) gave me better pictures than my NEWER cameras.... what's up with that?!?** It was nice to see everyone... but, we really missed seeing Ashli and her family. Hopefully her children are "on the mend".

All I want to say about Louisville is that we had a good time. We saw some great stuff and did some things I'd always wanted to do... all lead by a born and bred Louisvillian... Louisvillien... person who lived in Louisville. I am equally going to say that our trip to Columbus was a success and that I personally had a good time seeing those people I had not seen in awhile.

Now that we are back in Dayton, I have a couple more things I want to get done. I want to visit one of my favorite restaurants, Elinor's Amber Rose. The Amber Rose is an Eastern European restaurant that specializes in homemade German, Polish, Hungarian, Russian and Italian dishes. I absolutely love their pieroggi and virtinai platter. I also would like to go down to the Cox Arboretum. We have been invited to a "wild" party on Saturday evening and it also looks like we may head down to CityFolk fest in Dayton. I really only have a couple more food requests... but I am really getting sick of fast food... so, I may give up my requests. In an ideal world, I would be able to eat Penn Station subs and W.G. Grinders subs and get in a trip to Ritter's Custard before we leave. Right now, I'd be happy if we hit ONE more before we leave on Tuesday.

Will blog more when we get back to the homestead on Tuesday. Blogmeister OUT!

3 comments:

Ashli said...

Sorry we missed you, but with the boys both having Hand, Foot, and Mouth, I didn't think that it would be good to get them around everyone. Plus, Carter ended up being really grumpy and sleeping for over four hours in the afternoon! They are both feeling much better now though, and hopefully we'll catch you the next time you come through!

Anonymous said...

She does not know anything about Louisville. If you follow her as a leader, be prepared to be led into your own personal hell. At least Bill has common sense. Between the two of them, you might be safe.

Anonymous said...

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." Marion C. Garretty

Never trust those whom you think love you the most. They are those who will harm you the most.