
As you read earlier, I was at the local Emergency Room today and found out that I have or "have been diagnosed with (despite blood test not being back yet)" Lyme Disease. While there, you probably also remember I had an EKG. Well, my friends, this experience has created a totally new experience for me. Although I have had my share of EKG's, THIS has never happened to me before. Let me explain...
First of all, I want to state, before leaving the ER, I got the stickers off my leg after Jane reminded me I forgot to take them off. Remember I have a temperature of 101.6 as I type this and am not exactly at my brightest bulb moment.
When we got home, I immediately took my new med and a pain killer, as my head was splitting open. Not a thought in the world was given to removing the 10 more stickers from the EKG. What can I say... MY BAD!!??!! If only I had know what reaction those dang thing have with higher body temperature, I may have just been more motivated to remove those darn stickers soon.
After speaking to my mom on the phone, I went downstairs because something was running down the front of my bra. It was what had been gel from the stickers and was now some kind of, well the best word for it was now, WET STICKY GOO. When my temp. went up again, as it is want to do on occasion recently, the gel became WET, STICKY, and turned into a liquid. This liquid was all over my shirt and shorts and some had dried to my skin... making it VERY hard to separate my skin from shirt... RIP!!!!!!!!
After taking 15 minutes to clean this crud off my body, I came up here to blog about this experience. As I read this to my mother in law, who finds the situation less than blogworthy, I discover this lovely substance IS now stuck to the bottom of my foot and is webbing between my toes. OH GEE! How'd that happen... it travels?????
Life lesson: TAKE stickers from EKG off upon removing gown at Emergency Room. If you don't, you could have a bigger problem than just sticker marks. You could just have a WET STICKY GOO mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment