Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Tree: Part 2

This first picture with this grouping is the actual split in the tree. I took this picture with a zoom feature on the camera. I was several hundred feet away since BG&E had not cleared the tree yet (no power lines difficulties). It is now almost 20 hours later. BG&E still hasn't cleared it.









This next picture is of the "line" that is stuck in the tree. We "THINK" that it is a phone wire. However, even phone wires can have electrical connections. So, the power company STILL needs to participate.









This third picture is of the yard. The tree came down in the storm last night (around midnight). As I said earlier, the green car next to the tree is my car. I am delighted it didn't knock the tree the other way. But, just to be safe, Stephen moved my car WAY out of there. By the way, in this picture, you can see our attempt at growing grass. There is a grass line with new versus old grass in front of that railroad tie.







This picture is to show exactly HOW close it came to the house. That window in front of the tree is where my Father In Law has all his "stuff". It is the room he feels the safest in. There is less than 2 ft. from the tree and the house.









Another shot of the split in the tree. I wanted to get the picture to people how big a split this was. Jane had warned the phone company for years that that tree was a hazard. They wouldn't do anything until the line came down. Well... still been almost 20 hours... WHERE ARE YOU??? You can also see my car just behind the tree again.








Between when I took this picture and now, the split has become more defined and the tree branch is closer to the ground. We, luckily, still have power, phone, and cable. I keep saying that, one overweight squirrel and we are toast, though.

No comments: