Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eight More Treatments in THIS Cycle To Go... Plus Playing Catch Up

Today's treatment, as well as the ones I have not gotten to blog about have been very non-eventful. I have been absolutely worn out and am feeling a tad bit sick... the nurses tell me that this is to be expected from the Rocephin. The guess among the neurologist and nurses is that the treatment will continue another round. Or, at least that is what they are hinting. Yesterday, a very long morning indeed, saw Jane and I traveling to Towson, MD (had to be there at 7 am - took almost an hour to get there from here) - luckily the doctor took us early (at 6:40). Our next stop was to go to Greenbelt, MD (which is on the total opposite side of Laurel) by 8:45 to see the Neurologist. We JUST made it because it took almost an hour and 20 minutes to get there from Towson. After that, we had to rush to make it to Laurel Regional. It was 9:45 by the time we got there and we got "chided" by the office manager for not making it to infusion sooner. But, she backed off as we explained we'd been all over the greater metro area already this morning. Anyway... after about 35 minutes of treatment, we left to get a birthday cake for his birthday boy-ness, Stephen and picked up some steak for me to grill for dinner. I was thinking... ahhhh... now I can rest. No such luck. At 11:30, I get a phone call to tell me that the "Home" improvement place has offered me a full time job (plus benefits). So, they required forms to be filled out immediately (ran over there after lunch) and a drug screening to be accomplished YESTERDAY. So, we got into the car to GO BACK to Greenbelt (where the Drug Screening Lab was), which -round trip plus lab time- took approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes! About 60-70 minutes of that was driving time. Then we came home and I could relax for about three hours before grilling dinner for the birthday dinner. We enjoyed dinner and then I finally got to crash. Cake was eaten around 7:45 and then I could honestly say I don't remember the rest of the evening because I just could not concentrate with my head acting up and I might as well have gone to bed. BUSY, BUSY day!

No comments: