Monday, September 8, 2008

Update for 9/8/08

I realize it has been a long time since I updated. However, I have been feeling really bad and needed to take the time to just rest. The PICC line has been bothering me greatly since the last changing and it appears that I am massively allergic to the tape they used this time. Blistery pus filled things are popping up around the tegaderm layer. Hopefully it was ease with time. Or, at least by Thursday, when the tegaderm is due to change again. Sigh!

The Rocephin was extended from the original 28 days to 35 days to now 42 days. My last day currently is set for this coming up Friday (the 12th). Jane and I are getting along well with the infusion at home. But, man oh man, will I be glad when it is done and over with. Then again, I would give anything to have the fatigue, headache, and achy joints and muscle end.

We have arranged to have a second opinion on the doctor front. Dr. Shah, when I went on home infusion, said she would see me in a week. I called the VERY next day to set up the appointment. She said, "I'll get back with you." Two days later, nothing. I waited the weekend since she doesn't come in on weekends. Monday, I started calling again. No response. I decided to up the ante a little (since I only had a couple more days on IV fluids) and faxed them. Two days in a row I faxed them. No response. The IV pharmacy attempted to call her to find out if they were continuing the IV. No response. Then, on my last day, we finally got in touch with her office. "She is totally booked! No appointments for 2 weeks," says the receptionist. Jane got her to squeeze us in on Wednesday. But, in the meantime, I had decided too many "questionable" things had happened. I will be seeing a doctor at University of Maryland who deals a lot with Lyme patients on the 25th. Hopefully this doctor will have some answers. Dr. Shah certainly has none.

For those who asked, classes are going well. I very much enjoy my 3 hour class on Contracts. Dr. Green makes the three hours entertaining and very enjoyable. I am hoping he continues to teach Torts and Criminal Law because I really could get used to his teaching style very easily. I just have to get used to the time difference between California and Maryland. My class meets on Wednesday evenings from 9:30 p. to 12:30 a. ! I am totally worn out by the end of class. But this is all worth it. When I take that FYLX in October of 2009, I aim to pass. More on that at a later date.

Well... my energy is just about gone. Will have to write more at a later date. My closing thought, however, is about Chad Johnson. What was that idiot thinking? Changing his name to "Chad Ocho Cinco"? Doesn't he know that Ocho Cinco is not eighty-five... just eight and five? Idiot!

No comments: