For the first time in a couple weeks, I have a little bit of energy. Therefore, I am totally going to blow all of my energy and do something enjoyable. Creative Writing Prompt anyone????
No, really!!! www.creativewritingprompts.com ! This is number 8. List 40 things that happened to you this month. They can be funny, embarrassing, happy, or infuriating. Then pick one and write about it.
I had a very long list of things that I came up with. They ranged from the semi-ordinary (my sister in law came to visit and she and my niece brought dessert... I always love seeing them) to the very odd (No longer working with Home Depot because of not being able to read the screen at the cash register... I use magnification software on my own computer... never thought about it being a problem!). I also thought about some of the medical tests I have been through this month (and how some of them were out and out painful). And, I also considered how happy I was spending time with Stephen recently. But, with all of those memories and thoughts, one sticks out in my mind above all others. Let me talk about that one.
Well.... it all started a few weeks ago when my niece was visiting us. Her old pal M. (name hidden to protect those of us who don't want to admit she lives anywhere NEAR us) came over and was attempting to get my niece to come over and spend time with her. Although my niece didn't go anywhere with M., M. decided to share some bad news with us. Her mother was about to put M's two animals to sleep (due to old age). M's dog, Barney, is a staple to the neighborhood with his classic "Awwwwwrooooo" that echoes throughout the neighborhood in a bally-hooing manner. Barney would definately be missed. Need I say more? I didn't think so.
Anywho... both my mother in law and I were both saddened by the news and really didn't give it a second throught. That is until about a week later. We both were working on something out in the yard (putting in new bushes) and, all of a sudden, we heard a Barney bark. We both looked at each other and raised eyebrows. "That cannot be Barney," we both exclaimed. We both decided that we were so used to hearing Barney that we imagined we heard him and there was just a similiar sounding dog. Then, a couple days later, we looked out the window and THERE was Barney wandering down the street, awwwroooooooooooing away. We noticed he certainly looked solid and alive. Three weeks after his "imminent demise", there he is... just strolling down the street. My husband returned the dog back to the neighbor's home and I decided that I was glad to have gotten to see him one more time.
Unfortunately, nearly a week later, I saw him again yesterday. He was, once again, wandering happily down the street, awwwroooing in the way only a happy Barney dog can do. My father in law spotted him and took him back over to the neighbor's house. This makes me realize that he is probably going to be with us a little while yet and that I really have gotten used to his happy little noise. Our neighborhood will just not be the same without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can understand not wanting to put M's real name. :)
Post a Comment