I know it has been awhile since I updated. I have been very busy trying to get on with my life despite some really "not so great" and "great" things happening. The PICC line is out and the scar is finally healing. It ooooozed for weeks. But now... it just looks like a purple chicken pox scar. I'm ok with it. Also, finding out that the Lyme Test may have been a false positive and I have gone through 6 weeks of Lyme treatment for nothing, this was a tad bit of a let down. It also came to me as a great shot when my neurologist referred me to a neurosurgeon to get a second option for the meningioma I have had for years and they have done nothing about. Seems this guy feels that it is getting to the point where something might need to be done. After a higher resolution MRI and an upcoming "more functional" CT scan, I will see him again in November to discuss whether he wants to fish for it, let it go, or send me to a Gamma Knife specialist (please let it be the second or third one!). So, healthwise, the Infectious Disease specialist is now out of the picture. She has handed me back to my family doctor and to the care of the two neurologists. I just want to feel better.
Speaking of wanting to feel better, I have lost about 14 pounds in about 2 weeks. No, it isn't because I don't feel good. It is because I am consciously attempting to get healthier. If I have to feel like this, I might as well lose some weight and get some balance and strength back.
With that said, I guess today is not my day. When I was going down the stairs this morning, my knee gave out and I ended up falling down the last three stairs. OM Gosh! It is a good thing I was hanging on or I would have taken out my vacuum cleaner and probably an end table in the process. Instead, I have a majorly swollen ankle, puffy knee, and the right side of left foot is turning purple and swelling. If it is still like this later, I will probably go over to Urgent Care. But knowing where I hit my foot (on the metal banister) makes my feeling of urgency less urgent. This is the third time in less than a week I've had that knee go out. Blasted knee. Maybe losing the weight is the answer for that, too.
We have been playing with our family Christmas gift a little early this year. Jane decided that our family Christmas gift would be a Wii gaming system. I decided, if we were going to get a Wii, I would purchase a Wii Fit and work out on that. It has been the best low impact exercise program I've ever worked with AND worth EVERY penny spent on it. It doesn't kill my knees like walking these hills and is not as much impact as step used to be. But, I still can do step on the Wii and I am learning Yoga slowly. I think Wii and Wii Fit are going to be the best gifts we have ever given ourselves. It doesn't hurt we've also picked up some great games.
I will try to be better about posting more often. This has been a very long post and it doesn't even cover half the things I wanted to say.
One last thing, I wanted to share my plans for the day. Around 4 pm-ish, Stephen, Jane, and I (Bill is watching Drew at a Water Polo meet in New England) will be going to visit the Catonsville branch of the family for dinner. I am so delighted that we will be seeing them. We don't see them enough and I really enjoy spending time with them. We'll pick up some Popeyes Chicken on the way up and Kristen is making potatoes. Stephen picked up a chocolate chip cake for dessert. Sounds like good food and good company!! What a great day this will be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment