
A couple of nights ago, I had a really odd dream. I've already apologized to all those in my dream, so I don't want any of you to think I really want to hurt anyone. I'm just very confused by the dream itself...
--Dream--
I was at a kitchen that was not a kitchen I think I've ever been in. But it felt familiar. Seated around the table were my mom, my husband, my mother-in-law, my father-in-law, and myself. I had been looking up the hours for the local animal hospital. But, I couldn't find it in the phone book. When I closed the book, I was feeling frustrated and stated I couldn't find it. When I said that, my father-in-law stated, "Why don't you try the phone book?" In the dream, I totally lost it and threw the phone book at my father-in-law (I didn't hit him with it... I hope that counts for something) and yelled, "What do you think I've been looking in for the past 10 minutes. You think it is there? YOU FIND IT!"
My mother-in-law, who was calmly sitting there, stands up and grasps my arm. She pulls me off to the side (I remember in the dream, she was really strong... although I doubt I put up any resistance) and says, "It is not acceptable to me that you act like a five year old. Therefore, if you act like a five year old, I will have to treat you like a five year old." She then sent me into the living room and told me I couldn't move until I apologized to my father-in-law. Then, in the background of MY DREAM, I heard an announcer. "Does this situation seem familiar to you? Does this seem to happen to you a lot? Don't be like Kristin! Think before you open your mouth! This has been a public service announcement."
--END OF DREAM---
So, what does this dream mean? I know I have been out of sorts and kinda grouchy lately. But I would not throw anything at someone like that. AND, A public service announcement??? In my own mind, am I saying that I'm acting like a five year old? Is that what I am trying to say? Or was it something else???
What does the dream guide say:
Kitchen: To see a kitchen in your dream, signifies your need for warmth and spiritual nourishment. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother. Alternatively the kitchen, represents a transformation.
Family: To see your own family in your dream, represents security, warmth and love. Alternatively, it could mean that you are becoming overly dependent on them, especially if the family members are in your recurring dreams .Consider also the significance of a particular family member or the relationship you have with them.
Anger:
To dream that you are holding or expressing anger, symbolizes frustrations and disappointments in your Self. You tend to repress your negative emotions or project your anger onto others. You need to look within yourself.
Being angry in your dream may have been carried over from your waking life. Dreams can function as a safe outlet where you can express your strong and/or negative emotions. You have some suppressed anger and aggression that you have not consciously acknowledged.Can you add to this????? I'm lost?
No comments:
Post a Comment