No... this isn't really a picture of Benny. But, it was the closest photo I could find. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Benny before J. took him to have him put to sleep on Saturday. I keep trying to figure out how the get past my current stage of grief/guilt. So, I decided, if I couldn't tell him goodbye, I could at least blog it. Benny bit J's mother on the arm and was demonstrating aggressive behaviors that made us feel, as family, that he was no longer safe to keep. Therefore, instead of trying to find a new home, it was decided it was best to put him out of his misery. He always was so confused after he demonstrated aggression and it was happening more and more often. I mean, he punctured holes in my sweatshirt from jumping at me earlier in the week. But, as much as I was scared of him, and how much I enjoyed him when he was behaving, I somewhat feel guilty about his being put to sleep. Stephen and I were worried, with the idea that we want to have children, having an aggressive dog who bites was a worry. I worry... did I over-react? Major guilt!!
So, wherever you are Benny... I hope it is a happier place. One where you can growl and bite whoever you want and nothing bad ever happens to you. One where there are unlimited tennis balls and as many dog treats as you can eat. We'll miss you, puppy. Gone... but not forgotten.
1 comment:
wow. i don't know what to say. i kinda feel left out of the loop here. i guess that i'll just say "bye-bye ben ben"
Post a Comment