I woke up this morning in a complete sweat and panic. I had "THE DREAM" again.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with "THE DREAM", it involves a young version of myself walking on the sidewalk (for those of you who asked, it is the right side of the street... why this matters I have no idea) on Imperial Avenue in Painted Post, New York. I am walking with a person in a light tan dress coat and am holding their hand tightly. The person in the trench coat never says anything in this dream and I always feel safe with them. But, no matter how many times I have this dream, I don't seem to pick up on the person's identity until the very end. Ok... onto the dream.
We are walking down the street and I usually talk about absolutely nonsensical things. For example, last night I was chatting about whether a Wendy's Hamburger really tastes better because it is fresh. Other places serve fresh meat and you don't hear them claiming they are better. Anyway... yes, it was a really idiotic conversation. At the end of my dream, I always ask the "trench coat person", who seems to be getting ready to leave me at the end of the sidewalk (to walk off into the sunset?), if I'm going to be ok. The person always kneels down and looks me in the eye. It is an adult version of myself. As I change in life, the trench coat person does too. When I got engaged to Stephen, my ring magically appeared in the dream. When I was in my car accident and the scar stood out on my face, the scar appeared on the dream person. I have no doubt it represents the adult me. Is the adult me there to assure the child me? What purpose do these dreams serve? More later... either Bill is home or the dishwasher is about to be delivered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It means that you need to leave your husband, run away from home to a country with no extradition, after you leave destruction in your wake. Just blame the bodies on the trench coat woman... good defense.
Post a Comment