Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goals 2011, Part Two!

I know I promised this actual blog entry several days ago. However, my boss has kept me fairly busy with working these past few days. Since I decided this morning I was going to take some "ME time" and drink a cup of caramel flavored latte, I decided I'd also write my blog entry.

Goal: Drink more water - I absolutely hate water. It tastes very metal-ly to me. Anything I put in the water taste like flavored metallic water. However, I know that it is important to stay hydrated since I keep getting SEVERELY dehydrated. So, I need to force myself to drink liquids. I think this means reducing soft drink consumption, too.

Goal: Eat less beef - Stephen has been on a crusade to only eat beef every other week for his health for a little over a year now. It has been a major pain because he is so blasted picky anyway and taking a category away caused issues. But, over this year, I have watched my husband look better and have increased health benefits. I think I will be joining him this year in the less beef category. If only Five Guys wasn't one of my best clients. :)

Goal: Learn to like tea - When going through college, prior to student teaching, professors told us to learn to like either coffee or tea. I cannot stand straight coffee. It has to be at least 3/4th milk and flavoring to get me to drink it (which I adore, by the way). However, I have yet to find tea that I can tolerate. At the Alice In Wonderland Tea (which I enjoyed, by the way), I drank a whole pot of raspberry tea, but I didn't enjoy it. I watch my mother in law drink tea at mid afternoon and wish I could stop and share a cup, too. I need to learn to like tea - would also be nice when feeling sore throat-esquish. I see this as a crusade.

Goal: Cut down - In general, I just need to cut back on everything. Stephen doesn't like to cut back and doesn't seem to like budgeting. I, on the other hand, have always liked a good budget. I think this is why I was able to be a home owner at age 25. I always knew how much I had to spend and paid credit cards off each month. Until I lost my job, had outrageous medical expenses, and married a man who thinks processed is a food group. I think I am going to make the new rule "You may only splurge if you have a good coupon and it is planned."

Goal: Live in Peace, Love, and Harmony with my In-Laws For Another Year - I don't see 2011 being the year we relocate. Therefore, I need to make a greater effort to get along with the FIL and MIL. I adore my MIL and I appreciate all the help and assistance she gives us every day. She makes sure I get to doctor's appt., to my jobs, and pretty much anywhere I want to go. But, this this not a happy house. We don't live in harmony with one another. So, for my part, I want to be more friendly, more helpful, and more accommodating. After all, I am a long range "house pet" in this household. Best to make the best of it!

These are the goals for this year. I have much to look forward to this year. In February, work is sending me to Orlando to repeat my job from August (WDW... here I come!!). In October, work is sending me back to Orlando to do the other half of the August trip again (Girls trip!!!). I meet with DORS rep. tomorrow (Thursday) to see what progress we can make on accommodations that might make this hearing loss easier to deal with. Have a couple of volunteer experiences lined up at MacArthur Middle (Science Fair, Spring Book Fair, Fall Book Fair). Maybe it will bring me or Stephen a new job, cheaper health insurance, or even a more healthy lifestyle. I welcome you, 2011. May it be a great year.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

About the tea thing, I just found one that I love and you'd probably like it as well. It's from Haney and Sons, called Hot Cinnamon Spice Green Tea. (It also comes in black and decaf too) It is seriously one of the best ones I've ever tried. Anyway, good luck!