I know this is an odd idea for a post. However, while I was on my rant about how the world makes MIL stories evil, I wanted to know why a majority of Sister In Law stories are also evil? Is it just a female thing that we are bred to be evil to other "less than worthy" suitors of our siblings? If that is true, am I ever glad my Sister In Law isn't like that in the least. I have a great SIL. She is, as the title suggests, The Patron Saint of Cheesecakes! Every holiday, birthday, or special event is christened with a cheesecake from this talented food artist. My husband looks forward to these cheesecakes in a way he looks forward to nothing else in this world.
When I met my SIL, my husband was unsure whether or not she'd like me. I had high hopes that she would like me. It turned out to be a non-issue. I adored her from the start and am pleased to call her my friend and hope someday that the use of "in law" will not be necessary. I always wanted a smart, intelligent sibling! I gained that and so much more when Stephen's sister accepted me. I also gained an awesome niece, two nephews, and a great brother in law who served as the "Best Man" at our wedding. Am I ever lucky!
Why is it that no one has nice things to say about in laws? Why am I the only one in America to recognize this is truly unfair!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment