Sunday, May 4, 2008

Part Two: Idiot Bird's Guide To Nest Building

I think we are going to have to name our bird. It has no desire to move elsewhere.

Yes, I am referring to Stepladder Bird. I was hoping, with all the noise we made yesterday, idiot bird would move elsewhere BEFORE starting a family. I have little doubt that Stepladder Bird, which must be the same as "STUPID BIRD", is here to stay. Anytime we go out, she seems to throw a temper tantrum, squawk madly and hiss, then fly away until we go inside. Then Stepladder Bird returns and is all happy and joyous about her perch. You can tell from the pictures that it is not the most stable of perches. Nor is it the most safe. I have no doubt that the neighborhood feral cats are already circling waiting for the day that Stepladder Bird is on their menu. My only hope is the fool bird is enough annoyed by our presence (we are out there dozens of times per day) that (a) she moves on, (b) if she stays, she won't start a family, (c) decides to move the nest to a nearby location... one of which is not as bothersome as those idiot starlings we finally has convinced NOT to live in our ceiling in the basement (Go Insulation FOAM!). Will keep you updated!

No comments: