Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It has been a long time... I know

Today has been a very long day. Last Saturday, I started my new career at Home Depot. Orientation took up Saturday and Sunday. I worked Monday and Tuesday. Today is my first day off and I had my second opinion appointment with the ID doctors at UMD. The second opinion result came as a shock. They feel Laurel Regional did many things wrong and I may have been misdiagnosed with Lyme. They feel it might have been another disorder caused by a tick or another creepy crawly. But, we won't know for awhile. They hope, however, that whatever the new tests find, we can get rid of this headache quickly. All I know is it has to go away soon. Fatigue and headache are taking their toll on me. All I want to do, when I am not at work, is sleep. I don't want to eat. Just sleep. This does not leave a lot of time when you figure I spend an additional 3 hours a day working on law school stuff. Something has to give. What it will be at this point, I don't know.

As I said, my first day off was today. I took the opportunity to purchase some new polo shirts since I have to wear collared shirts or polos. Forman Mills supplied me with 5 new polos and 2 new pairs of jeans for $45. I'm very pleased.

I promise I will update more often. But, I need a nap. Oh... hopefully the PICC line will be out soon. The new ID doctors feel there is no reason for it to stay in. Hopefully it will be out on Monday... before noon, I hope.

2 comments:

laughing at everything said...

PICC line out is good. What does PICC stand for anyway?

laughing at everything said...

posty post-post and i will respond :)