Well... I can now say that I understand how my ex-students felt. I have decided that I am a personal failure at knitting. My GIL attempted to teach me how to knit and I personally feel as if I have no more clue how to knit than I did when I started. Just when I felt I MIGHT be able to understand what we were doing, we needed to do something else. I was reaching the point where my frustration was greater than the feeling of success I might have felt for doing things right in the first place. I needed to give it up and my appreciation for all those knitting people in the world has grown exponentially.
Did I mention that I really don't care if I ever try that again? I personally think maybe I should stick with those crafts I already can do without poking myself in the eye with needles! But, GIL is a great sport and she really wanted me to succeed. Just for her, I'll keep practicing. Hopefully, not unlike learning the guitar, it will get easier quickly and I feel less flustered soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment