Friday, February 29, 2008

It has been awhile

I have been away from my computer for awhile. In just trying to rest and recoup., updating the blog hasn't been high on my list of things to do. I have to admit, playing and practicing Acoustic Guitar pretty much overwhelms all other "potential" tasks lately. I have needed the playing of music to calm myself down. It is really sad... I know. But, I really do enjoy playing with
"Rex" *my guitar* and keeping myself calm is the number one request of the week.

Have been enjoying myself predicting American Idol this year. They keep screaming about how this is the BEST GROUP ever!!! Ummm... not quite, AI! The entertainment value is high, though. Amanda O. has become one of my favorites. Not because she is the best singer... cos she isn't. It isn't because she is a rocker. I like her because she isn't a cookie cutter musician. She has a style all of her own. She is like a chain smoking, deep throated lounge singer who, by their very nature, captivates the audience with the uniqueness. That being said, I assume she isn't long for the program. She is a little too Janis Joplin like to get the majority vote. Although, I wish Danny "Queen of A Million Faces" N. would get kicked off already. I'm tired of the shtick. You can only throw so many effeminate gestures at a public before they get sick of looking and watching you. Danny is pushing it. Is like watching an effeminate Sanjaya. Although, I do miss his Sanjaya -ness. I never voted for him... but he kept things interesting.

For Christmas, my father in law asked me what I wanted. I said, to finish off my Helen Mirren collection, I wanted Caligula. If any of you know anything about this movie... it goes beyond borderline porno. It has 15 minutes of pretty hard core porn. Brought to you by the happy people at Penthouse Videos - the movie was hijacked by them after the original director quit due to lack of funding. I have been trying to find a time to watch it... but I want to watch without the whole house watching. I don't want to have to watch the movie with anyone. I especially want to have the right to fast forward anything I don't want to see or watch. This causes a problem because I am never alone. I figure I'll have to stay up some night after everyone goes to bed and watch.... kinda like getting up at Midnight and sneaking downstairs to see (only one time... only one time) the Thriller music video on MTV. SIGH!

1 comment:

Ashli said...

Glad to have you back...I've missed reading your blog!